The results are in and we have winners in our January 2014 $5,000 Facebook Merchandise Giveaway for Homeless Shelters that were nominated by YOU! This was one of the most unusual random selection of winners, as two homeless shelters were nominated so many times that they were selected for more than one award! We use a computer generated selection process, so we went with giving WestCare’s Pikeville Emergency/Homeless Shelter in Pikeville, KY $200 in merchandise, as they were selected twice and Harvard Square Homeless Shelter in Cambridge, MA won $500 in merchandise as they were selected five times!
Congratulations to the winning shelters and many thanks to those who nominated them. They will be shopping for much needed items to help the homeless stay warm and comfortable in this bitter cold winter. And with DollarDays' wholesale pricing, these awards will go far! Plus, all winners receive free shipping.
DollarDays continues to support causes for the greater good and encourages you to follow us on Facebook to be sure to enter our monthly $5,000 merchandise giveaways to charitable causes.
And the winners are:
• Greensboro Urban Ministry in Greensboro, NC won first place, a $2,000 shopping spree.
• Padd Homeless Shelter in Dixon, IL won second place with a $1,000 shopping spree.
• BeAboutIt.org in Douglasville, GA won third place with a $500 shopping spree.
• Harvard Square Homeless Shelter in Cambridge, MA won a $500 shopping spree.
• WestCare’s Pikeville Emergency/Homeless Shelter in Pikeville, KY won a$200 shopping spree.
The following homeless shelters each won a $100 shopping spree:
• Our House in Little Rock, AR
• Singled Out-FBC Salisbury in Salisbury, NC
• Mr. Bob's Under the Bridge in Cedarburg, WI
• My Father's House in Paoloa, KS
• Saint Charles Homeless Shelters & Services For The Needy in St. Charles, IL
• Wheeler Mission in Indianapolis, IN
• Chicas Latinas De Sacramento in Sacramento, CA
• Bangor Area Homeless Shelter in Bangor, ME