5 Things to Be Grateful for This Thanksgiving
There is so much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.
1. I am grateful for fleece blankets. Coming in from the cold, nothing feels better than snuggling down on the couch watching television, wrapped in a warm fleece blanket. How did we ever live through a winter without these? They are the perfect size and the perfect amount of warmth for hours of cozy couch time, alone or with loved ones. No winter is complete without a few of these always available, laid over the back of the couch.
2. I am grateful for fuzzy ankle socks. These cover our tiny little toes when we must venture out from the safe comfort of our fleece blankets. Nothing defeats a cold, evil, hard tile floor than a warm pair of fuzzy ankle socks. These socks are modern-day armor against household chills. Slippers can get lost, but warm fuzzy socks are always right where you left them—on your feet.
3. I am grateful for scented candles. Some days are so cold that even vegging out on the couch seems too hard. The best cure is a warm bubble bath with aroma-therapeutic scented candles surrounding the bathtub. There is nothing like warm water and delicious scents to warm both the body and soul after a long day. Sometimes choosing a single scent works, while other times an interesting bouquet of assorted scents hits the spot.
4. I am grateful for Martha Stewart. No one needs to come up with the best Thanksgiving Day dinner on their own when cooking and decorating expert Martha Stewart is on the case. Relaxing after a hot bath with scented candles, laying on the couch in fuzzy slippers covered by a warm fleece blanket, you can pop in Martha Stewart’s Thanksgiving DVD and let her teach you how it’s done. Get everything from unique decorating ideas, to tips on making your turkey absolutely perfect. Good-bye, trial and error!
5. I am grateful for family. After all, without family, who would we snuggle on the couch under a fleece blanket with? Whose stocking would we sneak candy out of to munch under a fleece blanket? Who would we impress with a Martha Stewart-inspired Thanksgiving feast? Who but family would stress us out and make a relaxing, candle-scented bubble bath necessary? Thanksgiving is all about family.
Thanksgiving is definitely a great time to remember what we are grateful for. Here’s wishing us all a happy Thanksgiving.